Standard hard-disk drives are advantageous in certain cases but again, they don’t seem to be the best solutions to the storage needs of most high-end computer users. Gradually, solid-state drives (SSDs) are gaining momentum as the best storage solutions in place of standard hard-disk drives. But due to the advantages hard-disk drives still tend to offer, some manufacturers have chosen to produce computers that combine both SSDs and HDDs. In this article, I am going to review some of the best SSD laptops.
Before you buy any new laptop, you need to know what to look for when buying a new laptop.
Why You Need A Laptop With SSD Drive?
Recently, SSDs have proven to be a better storage option than the long-standing HDDs. They are relatively expensive, most computer users can’t afford using them in all cases. Of course, SSDs are very advantageous as they offer higher levels of efficiency compared to HDDs. With regard to this, it’s highly suggested that SSDs are utilized as the basic drives for frequently used programs and for our operating systems.
Excellent Access Speed: The major advantage of an SSD is that it offers an excellent access speed. In other words, its access speed is about 100 times faster than that of an HDD. Provided you’re using an SSD as the storage point for your OS and programs, you’re very certain to run heavy-duty programs more quickly.
Saves Time: If you’ll be running programs that access huge amounts of data, then it’s very obvious that you need an SSD to save time and to enjoy hassle-free data processing on your computer.
Reliability And Performance: In terms of reliability and performance, SSDs claim a significant edge above HDDs because they don’t have any moving parts and instead of these, they store up data in flash memory. On the contrary, HDDs come with magnetic platters and moving parts which give the impression that the more we use these drives, the quicker they will wear out or start slowing down.
Less Power Consumption: One more noticeable advantage of SSDs is that they consume less power compared to HDDs.
Meanwhile, this lower level of energy consumption means SSDs improve the battery life of laptops. Contrarily, HDDs consume more power as considerable energy is needed to activate all of the parts that spin their magnetic platters.
If you’d be heading for your local computer store in search of a reliable SSD laptop, you could take advantage of this article in getting a glimpse of the best options from some of the notable laptop brands out there. To understand better about SSD, you should check what to look for when buying a new laptop.
Coming as one of the most beautiful products by ASUS, this thin and Ultrabook laptop delivers amazing power and excellent responsiveness courtesy of its super-fast SSD storage of 512GB PCIe, making it one of the best SSD laptops available online.
In addition to its magnificent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti gaming-grade graphics, this Zenbook laptop features a massive 16GB of DDR4 RAM plus a quad-core processor belonging to the 7th Generation Intel Core i7. Thanks to its high gaming-grade graphics, Zenbook Pro 15 supports detailed 4K UHD gaming, 4k UHD video playback, 3D rendering and other tasks that demand huge graphics. Coupled with several others, these high-end features are so great that they make this Zenbook Pro a suitable laptop for gamers, developers and designers.
Frankly, these professionals will enjoy all the graphics needs they desire. In order for users to enjoy extremely fast connections, this Zenbook Pro is also built with two USB-C ports that pack the latest Thunderbolt 3 technology.
- Supports 4K UHD gaming and other graphics-intensive tasks
- Features Thunderbolt 3 for ultra-fast connections
- Supports multiple connectivities
- Comes with fast storage
- Very lightweight and comfortable
- Comes with Windows Hello feature
- While running some processes, it produces a series of light buzzing sounds which might annoy certain users
- Not all Windows 10 features are supported by the drivers
This is a pleasant-looking laptop that incorporates the anti-glare IPS display that ensures your viewing pleasure isn’t marred by glare wherever you’re using the laptop.
For a more comfortable viewing experience, this Zenbook Flip packs a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees, making it easy to share the screen with a friend or just any other person while viewing presentations or streaming HD movies. With an SSD of 512GB and an LPDDR3 memory of 8GB, Asus Zenbook Flip boasts the 6th Generation Intel Core M3-6Y30 processor.
Moreover, this laptop is damn slim and it delivers a better performance rate compared to the other notebooks within its lineup. In order to deliver a whopping transfer speed –about ten times greater than that of the previous USB generation –this 13.3-inch touchscreen laptop comes with USB 3.1 Type-C ports. All these amazing features plus 512 SSD make it one of the finest SSD laptops for sale available in the market right now.
- Features the preinstalled OS of Windows 10
- Comes with one-year ASUS ADP (Accidental Damage Protection)
- Performs faster than the other notebooks within its category
- Facilitates instant switching between the 4 modes of tent, laptop, stand mode and tablet
- Seamless boot-up time
- Combines excellent performance
- Certified with Voice Premium, enabling it to perform excellently even under excessive levels of noise
- Speaker isn’t very great: needs improvement as it cracks when placed in the maximum volume
- No backlit keyboard
- No option for fast charging
Designed as an ultra-light laptop with Touch display, this Dell laptop offers one of the best viewing experiences you can expect of any laptop within its class. Above that, it’s deemed the slimmest within the class of 15-inch performance laptops.
Its Touch display pairs up with a stunning Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) display and more interestingly, users can view every task in amazingly clear detail courtesy of the high resolution the display offers. Considered part of its whopping features, this XPS laptop packs an SSD of 512GB and 6th Generation quad-core processors –precisely 3.5GHz Intel Core i7 plus a graphics processor NVIDIA GeForce.
On the maximum, Dell XPS 15 supports 16GB5 of memory. Weighing about 3.9 pounds, this laptop supports Thunderbolt 3 and packs the graphics card of 2GB5 NVIDIA GeForceTM GTX 960M helping users to perform graphics-intensive tasks excellently. So, you have to count this beautiful laptop for all its features and most importantly 512 SSD, making it one of the best laptops with SSD drives you can get right now.
- Comes with preinstalled Windows 10 Home
- Offers 4K Ultra HD display
- Supports up to 16GB5 of memory
- Considered the slimmest among 15-inch performance laptops
- Allows for the super-fast running of graphics-intensive tasks
- The built-in Samsung SM 951 SSD isn’t very great, according to a user
- Not really good for video conferencing due to the placement of its webcam
Aspire E 15 is one of Acer’s excellent ssd laptops as it features 8th Generation Intel Core i5 processor operating at 3.4GHz. Furthermore, the 15.6-inch Full HD laptop crams massive battery life-extending up to 15 hours. Amongst the magnificent specs of this Acer laptop is a 1.6GHz Intel Core processor that extends up to the 3.4GHz courtesy of the built-in Turbo technology.
In addition, its amazing SSD of 256GB, Aspire E 15 crams 8GB Dual Channel Memory and NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (paired with dedicated GDDR5 VRAM of 2GB), making it a good option when you are looking for a laptop with SSD drive. Weighing about 5.27 pounds, this Acer laptop comes with the OS of Windows 10 and features the USB 3.1 Type-C port amongst other notable specs.
Designed as one of the best SSD laptops out there, Acer Aspire E 15 offers powerful processing and the latest 802.11ac WiFi ensuring that users experience the best of browsing speeds.
- Boasts excellent battery life –up to 15 hours
- Packs a DVD drive
- Comes with the wireless type of 802.11ac for swift internet connections
- Offers stunning CPU performance
- Comes with excellent Full HD screen
- Sports 8thgen Intel Core i5 processor enabling excellent processing
- Delivers speedy boot-up times
- Trackpad tends to be too fussy
- The device tends to run hot, according to a user
Built as a top-class SSD laptop, Asus F556 (gold) is an FHD laptop with a powerful 2.5GHz processor belonging to the class of 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processors.
This laptop is not only admired for its efficient performance but also for its pre-installed Windows 10 and its lightness capped at 5.1 lbs. Thanks to the distinct internal layout of the ASUS IceCool Technology, this Asus laptop is capable of preventing heating issues, ensuring that a user keeps the device on their laps for prolonged hours without feeling heated.
Over and above its sleek finish, Asus F556 (gold) delivers speedy internet connections through its wireless type of 802.11ac. For convenient and expeditious data transfer, the laptop also packs USB 3.0 ports. On a high note, the 8GB of DDR4 RAM and the 256GB of SSD make this Asus laptop one of the best products within its class. So, this can be a cool choice.
- Boots up very quickly
- Features multiple connectivities
- Offers longer battery life about 2.5 times that of a standard Li-ion battery
- Comes with pre-installed Windows 10 making multi-tasking a lot easier
- Has ASUS Eye Care that helps to limit blue light levels and prevent the eyes from weariness, defects and reading discomfort
- The battery isn’t replaceable
- Low average battery life –about three hours when used moderately
- Produces slight noises due to its mechanical hard disk
- Doesn’t feature an IPS display panel
Coming as one of the high-class SSD laptops, this Asus laptop sports a 15.6-inch FHD display and an excellent icicle gold finish. Excitingly, it packs a whopping battery life offering about 2.5 times the lifespan of a standard Li-ion battery.
For blazing-fast internet connections, Asus F556 (icicle gold) features the Wi-Fi type of 802.11ac. Speedy Program launches and boot-up times are facilitated by the amazing 256GB of SSD. And aside from its pre-installed Windows 10, this Asus laptop is admired for sporting an efficient Intel i5-6200U 2.3GHz processor (elevated to 2.8GHz, thanks to the built-in Turbo technology).
Considering its perfect blend of high-end specifications (including USB Type-C for efficient data transfer), this Asus F556 (icicle gold) is obviously one of the best laptops of its kind. Above all, this laptop boasts a glamorous appearance owing to its icicle-gold metallic frame.
- Guarantees blistering-fast boot-up times
- Has high-class connectivity including Wi-Fi (802.11a/c), HDMI/D-SUB/USB Type-C
- Delivers excellent performance in launching apps
- Facilitates intuitive fingertip input
- Very lightweight
- The housing is plastic for the most part of it
- When turned on, the power button doesn’t indicate any light
- The battery isn’t removable
VivoBook 15.6’’ is certainly another attractive Asus laptop as it features a colorful WideView display. With excellent graphics of Intel HD, this laptop further sports 8GB of DDR4 RAM and combined storage of 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD. So, if you are looking for an SSD laptop with lots of storage, this can be the option to go for.
For the ease of typing in dark conditions or poorly-lit environments, the laptop is duly built with a backlit keyboard. Again, speedy internet connections and efficient data transfer are made convenient courtesy of the laptop’s all-inclusive connections: dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, HDMI and USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen 1).
Weighing about 3.7 lbs, Asus VivoBook S510UA is likely one of the slimmest laptops in its class. Users of this laptop are certain to enjoy massive HDD storage capacities plus the blazing-fast loading speed an SSD offers.
- Delivers high performance, courtesy of the combined storage of 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
- Packs comprehensive connections
- Comes with RAM that can be upgraded
- Doesn’t have much bloatware
- Features backlit keyboard for convenient typography in dark conditions
- Webcam quality is slightly below par
- The display isn’t really great especially for high-end users
- Doesn’t have a numerical keypad
So, these are some of the best laptops with SSD drives available online. You can carefully visit each of these options and choose the one that fits your budget and other requirements. If you look to do some animation work on your laptop, you can check out the best laptops for animation.